In case you are wondering why I write this blog, go HERE

3.05.2011

What to expect...

Wow, I've been JUST a little busy lately. Although blogging is ALWAYS on my mind, it's kind of the last thing I want to do when I've been at the computer for a while working on these:

I really do LOVE tax season- I look forward to it every year. I LOVE that I can do it from home, make use of my accounting degree, and work for a laid back/easy to work for boss{who's also a good friend and workout buddy :) } Except lately, ALL I want to do is kick my feet up and watch movies {and yes, I have been doing quite a bit of that} BUT, I do have good reasons...

Our city rec program has an adult coed soccer league that I joined last year with a bunch of friends. I LOVE soccer- I grew up playing and watching it. As an adult, it's nice to finally do something physical that I REALLY enjoy {because you and I both know that running is NOT something I LOVE!!!} The season had just started about a month ago and then,
THIS happened:
No this is NOT me, but I looked JUST like that!
{Ronaldo-one of the BEST soccer players ever}

I wish I had some cool story to tell about how it happened, but I don't. I stepped to my left and as my foot went down, I heard two cracking sounds and fell STRAIGHT to the ground in fetal position. I had INSTA-pain and went down grabbing my left knee {like picture above} and was kind of screaming and moaning because the pain was SO bad {JUST like picture above}

OUCH! It was horrible {DEF my worst.pain.EVER}

I got through it with the help of wonderful teammates and friends who {literally} carried me.
As painful as it was, the hardest part through it all was NOT having you there. As I laid on the sidelines, wondering what was wrong {because the pain was SO insane in my knee/leg} or what to do {should I go to the ER, go home, who should I call?} I JUST wanted you. I wanted you to hold me on that field and tell me everything was going to be okay. When you are in pain physically, it definitely makes things MUCH harder emotionally. I laid there and started crying because the pain was getting more and more intense and the thought of not having you there made me really sad and maybe a little frustrated too {the ANGER stage has been making its presence in this whole grief process lately}. Frustrated to be in pain knowing you were NEVER going to come and comfort me. Frustrated to be making calls to get babysitting and other arrangements made, when that was the LAST thing I wanted to deal with. Frustrated that I was having to rely on EVERYONE else. When really, ALL I wanted was YOU.

To put it lightly- it SUCKED.

I am though VERY grateful for my wonderful teammates who got me off the field, into the car and home with the most TENDER of care. VERY GRATEFUL to Dr. B, who of course came to my rescue and pulled LOTS of strings {again} to get my x-rays, MRI and apt with the orthopedic surgeon all taken care of within 1 day {Yes, he is AWESOME like that}. So THANKFUL for my {generous, loving and AMAZING} friends who stayed with me till 1 am {and offered to spend the night with me} to make sure that I was okay, watched my children so I could rest, made meals so I could stay off my bum knee, chauffeured me around to various apts, cleaned my house and those who stopped by to hang out so I could have someone to talk to- THANK YOU!
Have I mentioned that I am surrounded by the BEST friends EVER?
***I AM***

Since I tore my meniscus and fully ruptured my ACL, I will be having surgery on March 14th. I wasn't nervous at ALL until I watched this this video- I could have definitely passed on that one! The only reason I watched was because the kids kept asking ?'s that I didn't really have answers to. So I told them that we could find a video on YouTube...

Sure enough, we were all wide-eyed and slightly grossed out. Yes, I know it was NOT the best video to show young children, but it was the FIRST one that came up when I Googled it. {Google's fault, not mine!}

Really, the only benefit to all of this is that my parents will be here this upcoming weekend and I can't wait to see them! {...and yes, I can watch movies with my leg(s) kicked up and not feel SLIGHTLY guilty about it ;) }

So, my expectations of the weeks to follow are:
Lots of rest
Lots of movies
Lots of laziness
LOTS of pain
and LOTSa {catching-up} BLOGGING :)

Like always Babe, and probably a little more so...
MISSING YOU
Photobucket

8 comments:

renhallows said...

Margie...again...this does suck! However, I have to say...You are surrounded by that man of yours and his love & support!
When you recieved that blessing on the field that night...I was thinking how you have so much love around you. It will never make up for your losses...but the love is there. Youre an amazing mommy, wife and person.

peter said...

Hope all goes well with the surgery. We have been thinking about you guys lately and are so glad you have so many good friends surrounding you. My sister has done the ACL thing three times you will be up and running around before you know it.

Kylee said...

Geez Margie...this really does stink! I knew that's what you were feeling on the side of the field, because that's all I could think about. Through it all, you still manage to put a smile on your face and be optimistic. Your example continues to inspire me.

Erin S said...

Wow Margie I am sorry! I hope you get feeling better soon!

Seth and Julie said...

Oh NO Margie! Huge bummer! I am sure Ryan hated watching you go through that every bit as much as you hated to see him in pain. I am so sorry you had to go through that without his arms around you, but it sounds like he has sent a whole lot of guardian angels to put their arms around you on his beahlf. You are in our prayers for a speedy recovery. Love you!

Ryanne said...

Oh Margie! Good luck with your surgery and definitely enjoy catching up on your movies and blogging. I hope you keep on knowing how loved you are.

Katelin said...

Man, that sucks! I couldn't even bring myself to watch the video, and I will add some extra prayers for your knee stuff, although you are ALWAYS in every prayer around here. What a hassle for you! Wish I could help out, too, but I'm glad you're in such a great place! Oh, and I'm looking forward to more blog posts, although that seems totally selfish to say considering why you might have the time to post more. Anyway, take care, girl!

Unknown said...

Wow now I know what your brother was talking about on FB when he mentioned something about your knee. Well tomorrow is your surgery and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. I wish I lived closer to be able to help out too. But sounds like you really do have some great friends and support group. Send my love to you the kids and the rest of the family. Keep us updated I know you will. And pray for a fast recovery without a lot of pain. Love from the S FL family.