In case you are wondering why I write this blog, go HERE

1.03.2011

I just couldn't help myself...

So you know my L.O.V.E for photography.
Well, imagine.... Okay never mind, you don't even need to imagine because you already know how excited I get when it comes to taking and looking at pictures. I LOVE, love, LOVE to look at pictures and it doesn't even matter if I know the people or not, I still love it. But of course I love it even MORE when the pictures are of the people I LOVE the most- my FAMILY.

So as I was on my way home from our Christmas vacation, I got a text from my photographer friend Phil saying that the CD of our photo session was READY!
WOOT WOOT!
I seriously got all giddy in the car driving home because I was SOOOO excited!

He did an AMAZING job capturing what I wanted...
I wanted to include YOU somehow in our family pictures, but how would I go about that? How could I include you without it being "weird?!?"
Hmmmmm...
Then the idea popped into my head
Use the TRUCK!
Even though your time with the truck was short, you LOVED that thing. I knew it would be the PERFECT addition to our family photos.

Thank you Phil for beautifully capturing our little family :)

Here are just some of my favorites from the first part of our photo session:


Does this picture just make you SO happy/proud?!?!?!
Yup, that's right! There's your girl doing donuts in the middle of the desert, kicking up a ridiculous amount of dirt/dust. The kids and I LOVED it... it was pretty dang sweet!

This picture almost made me cry...
LOVE IT!
...and so did this picture:
When I first saw it, I could totally imagine this kid in about 13 more years doing this same exact thing, but not just posing in a picture, but driving this thing for REALS.
Your dream was to have this thing all fixed up by the time Max went to prom and I am not going back on what I said to you. It WILL get done, bit by bit. 13 years should give me enough time ;)

Your 3 FAVORITE peeps
I wanted to blog about our wonderful Holidays, but I just couldn't resist posting a few of our family pictures.
Hope you like them... I SURE do!

Love you so much- always have, ALWAYS will!
Photobucket

13 comments:

Jeanette said...

Hey Margie,
I'm always checking your blogs. I just LOVE them. I'm sorry I don't comment more. I really should but most of the time I'm balling so much after reading them I have to get up and get a tissue, and then you know the life of a Mom....once I'm up, I'm on to something else, all while thinking of your blog entry for the rest of the day. I just never seem to get back to it in a timely fashion to tell you my feelings and appreciation for just how cool you are. I've always loved your friendship and admired you, but following your blog, pretty religiously for the past few years, I've really grown an appreciation for you on a whole new level. You're so courageous toward overcoming adversaries. I'm sure you already know this but your little family are just adorable, and you look the same strikingly beautiful as you did 8 years ago, when we all met. Thanks for sharing your life with us. And what an amazing way to capture Ryan in your family photo shoot. I could picture him in every one, which of course, as always, brought me to tears! You're amazing....keep up the good work!
Love,
Jeanette

Cheryl said...

I love these.
When I saw the first picture the other day that is exactly what I thought... that you had included Ryan in your picture. I love this idea.
They are all great pictures!

Seth and Julie said...

These are the cutest! I can just imagine Ryan with a proud smile as you were kicking up dust. How awesome to have him be a visible part of this photo shoot. You are all beautiful and I am sure you will treasure these shots always.

I hope Christmas was awesome. I can't wait to see your pictures of the big day.

Babygirl said...

What a perfect way to include Ryan in the family photo! I too love pictures, so I can imagine your extreme excitement over these, considering they are so special. Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!

Babygirl said...

By the way, I found your blog when you were nominated for a blog award earlier in 2009. I've enjoyed reading so much, I've just continued!

Heather said...

I LOVE these...all of them! What a great idea, and a beautiful family! (:

Unknown said...

totally love the pics. awesome way to capture your family. and i too will be looking forward to max driving that truck in the future. hailey is just becoming such a beautiful young lady. hope you guys had a very merry christmas and happy new year. love from your s.fl family.

Heather said...

That was awesome.=)

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe how grown up Hallie looks she is so adorable.

Rach

John + Jamie = A Delavan Family said...

these are great, the truck is perfect! sending love your way!
jamie

Tanya said...

Love them!!!! So much fun! They kept me smiling as I was looking at them! How fun!

Erin S said...

What a beautiful family you have! Love these pictures!

Mike & Lila Family said...

i love photography too and wish we lived closer so you could show me a thing or too! ;) you have a beautiful family and had a great idea, including his truck, how perfect! So glad to hear your holidays were wonderful and can't wait to see those pictures! ;)