In case you are wondering why I write this blog, go HERE

1.05.2011

Today was a GREAT day!

So I can NEVER say that I have had a bad day since you have been gone. Moments- most DEFINITELY, but they are just that. Sometimes it's a 20 minute bawl session of uncontrollable tears and sadness, where I so BADLY want you to just wrap your arms around me and let me know everything is going to be okay. Other times, it's watery eyes or a tear or two and I'm done. But each night since you have been gone, I have NEVER laid my head to rest thinking how HORRIBLE my day has been. I feel blessed and extremely grateful for the constant peace that enables me to feel that way.

So let me tell you about my day today:

Okay, so it kind of began yesterday...

Yesterday night the kids and I attended Tu Nidito, which is an AMAZING program for kids who have lost a loved one. The kids have been looking forward to going since our interview day last month.

It was everything I hoped it would be, and MORE.
Hallie and Max are both in the same group for 4-7 year olds called 'The Littles.' (They both frowned upon that name as they told me "...But I'm NOT little Mom!!!!!!" It was cute) At this program, the kids spend the first 45 minutes talking/crafting and the last 45 minutes playing. While the kids are doing their thing, I meet in a group with other parents whose children are in the program.

So after it is over, Hallie runs up to me and is talking SOOOO fast because she was SO excited to tell me EVERYTHING they did:
"Mom... Mom... look at what we made! It's a rhino and it's a picture frame. We can put a picture of our loved one in it- of ME and Dad!!!!! I did a rhino because that's what you call dad, Ryno. Remember Mom you always called dad Ryno?!? It's a rhino, like Ryno!!"
Hallie even showed me HOW and WHERE to put the picture. I had that rhino about 1 mm away from my eyeballs and that rhino horn nearly gouged my eye out and I didn't even mind!

She was talking SO fast, I finally had to tell her to calm down and SLOW down because she was getting a little crazy. The kids were SO happy and excited and I too had the biggest smile on my face. To see/feel that joy and happiness- PRICELESS!

I went to bed so incredible happy with the night. First, feeling so blessed for programs like Tu Nudito, so grateful for the people who volunteer and for those who give financially to make such a program a possibility. Lastly, for all those attendees whose participation uplifts, strengthens and inspires each one of us.

***
Then I woke up to get the little Misses out the door to school. She was excited about a new drop off location where they can walk to school with staff, so we made use of it. She normally takes the bus, but I drove today. I don't know why, but I feel like a better mom when I drive her. She was so excited to get to the drop off and see some firemen who were there too. She was happy, I was happy...good start to the day.

I got home, read my scrips, got the Bubbacito some breakfast and then we played Lego's.
Since we live in AZ, I was especially fond of this little guy:
Oh, I HEART Lego's.
We are definitely a Lego family!
This was actually one of my Christmas presents, the Toy Story Woody's Round Up- LOVE IT!

Then I headed over to the gym and got my booty kicked. It felt good at the time, but now... not so much!

Came home and played more Lego's and then then we packed a lunch and headed to a good friends of ours house. This friend you specifically asked to take care of me when it came to the CAR... and he has! While he changed the oil, his wife and I chatted away and we both kind of lost track of time. There is NEVER a shortage of words between the two of us (and I LOVE that about her and I) ;) Since school was out, I needed to head home to get Hallie. I left feeling VERY grateful to these friends and many other good friends that have taken care of me and the kids. It means more than they know and I know it means a LOT to you too!
*
After all the homework was completed, we went outside to get some things done.

If there is one thing that makes me feel REALLY proud of myself, it is when I do things that normally you would have done. So today, I refilled my window washer fluid. I know it may seem like no biggie, but when it comes to doing things under the hood of a car, I am usually NOWHERE to be found. Cars were YOUR thing, not mine.
So I got a little giddy popping the hood, finding where the fluid went and putting it in.
Go ME!

Then I pumped up Hallie's tire with another Christmas present... my new air compressor
...and used it fixed this WAY broken piano bench
with my NEW nail gun:
it's DANG sweeeeet!

Sometimes I get a little down having to be the only one to do things for our little fam. But days like today I feel joyed, loved and empowered. I know that we will get through this okay... and we are.

Life sometimes brings you lemons and like Mom always says, "MAKE LEMONADE!"
The lemonade was SWEET today baby and I loved it.

Here's to more of life's sweetness... it was a GOOD day!

~Love YOU~
Photobucket

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

You are amazing, Margie! Thanks for the renewed perspective on life in general :) I love your pictures and your way with words. Thank you.

Willis Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Willis Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Willis Family said...

I am so jealous you have an air compressor and a nail gun!!! I really want one lol. I don't know what I'd use it for yet but I'm sure I'll nail something!! As always, you amaze me and I'm so glad you're doing well :) keeping you in our prayers :)

Willis Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Willis Family said...

Sorry for all the deleted comments lol. I was using ben's mac and I have no clue how to use it so I ended up posting my comment a million times :)

Miranda said...

This was fun to read. Just the simple day to day stuff that makes our life go. I love this song too, I've never heard it before. This was happy to ready post!

Seth and Julie said...

What a cute post. You always remind me to enjoy the moments we are given and not to murmur because LIFE IS GOOD, even through the hard times. We are loving Legos right now, too. So much fun!

That program for grieving children sounds awesome! I was so excited that Hallie made a Rhino and I knew exactly why before I even saw your comments. It is so great to still be able to see Ryan in every post.