In case you are wondering why I write this blog, go HERE

1.26.2011

PS...

So I am not one to use blogging as a platform for really anything, but tonight I watched a movie that moved me in SO many ways. It was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. and really something I needed. I really don't know what else to say about it.


{The story is about a man who dies of cancer and leaves his wife letters that she receives over the next year. The movie takes you on her journey of healing and hope... }

If I wasn't laughing, I was crying{my therapy...} and if I wasn't doing either of those, I just sat there with a HUGE smile on my face. Not only did I feel this movie was very relatable, it taught me a lot as well. I really could just go on and on... it was wonderful {for me}.
***

Babe,

I am so grateful for the time you took to write these letters for me that I would receive after you passed. At times when I have felt so alone, I can read them and I feel as if you are RIGHT there saying those very words to me. I can't help but cry because I miss you SO incredibly much, but at the same time, I also know how present you are...

Thank you for everything- then, now and forever.

i.L.O.V.E.u
Photobucket

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love that movie. It is one of my favorites. I thought maybe you guys had seen it because it's what I thought of whenever I heard about the letters Ryan left for you. It's amazing.

Margie said...

Cheryl, I think I have a new favorite
Movie... It's up there with Life is Beautiful. Definitely one I will be purchasing VERY soon :)

A Baarz said...

That is one of my favorite movies. It shows that healing takes time. I loved your post. :)

Seth and Julie said...

I guess I better watch it, although I am sensing I will need a box of tissue. I am so grateful that you continue to find strength and comfort all around you.

John + Jamie = A Delavan Family said...

loved the movie! love you too!!

taggdarci said...

Hi, you don't know me but I have been following Team Ryan and now this blog. You are so inspirational and I am deeply touched by your story and experiences. Thank you for making me strive to be a better mother and cherishing my family more, life is short; but not the end. May the Lord continue to bless your family and that you will always feel Ryan near!

Love, Darci

Brooke Hunt (aka Mr. Burns) said...

i thought about that movie last year... i think it is so awesome he wrote letters to you to look forward to. so thoughtful. anytime you want to watch a chick flick... i'll join you. love ya! brooke :)

Kathy said...

If you ever need a good read the book is so much better! You are so amazing...thanks for sharing this journey with us all! :)

Prior Family said...

When you told me about the letters Ryan had left you I actually thought you had seen this movie. You have amazing strength. You are an inspiration to all who know you.