In case you are wondering why I write this blog, go HERE

1.28.2011

RELEASE

What a week...
2 sick kids :( and 1 momma that was VERY eager to get out of the house.

Friday came and everyone was finally feeling well enough to get out- WooHOO!
I was hoping everyone would be feeling a little better because I had a photo session scheduled for Friday with one of my favorite little men. Every month, I am lucky enough to shoot this {not so} little guy.
I just LOVE shoot days!

Look at those CHUBS:
LOVE it!

***

The rest of my free time last week was spent out in the garage trying to make a decorative shelf {yup, I watched that video about 20 times to figure out how to make it}. After the multiple trips to Home Depot and the extra this and that, I am starting to think that the $30 shelf at Michael's wasn't such a bad idea :) Oh well, I had a great time making a mess and using all those power tools {making you proud babe!}
When Friday night rolled around, my back was a little sore from squatting and doing everything on the floor.

Here is the ALMOST finished shelf {and my "work" boots!}
All it needs is one more sanding job and then I can start painting.
{of course YOU probably have NO sympathy for me and my sore back, since working in heels isn't the SMARTEST thing to do... but at least me feet looked cute in the process!}

As soon as it's done, it will get hung on the wall and then THIS 20x30 canvas print will be going right on top of it:
...and I cannot wait!

Since I had THIS guy out:
I figured I might as well sand down the kids play table and put a new finish on it. The iron and some water stains had left the table looking a little sad. But NOW, it looks like it did when we got it about 5 years ago!

YAY to a job well done...
What a fun way to get out of the house and release some stress...

Good thing everyone is back to feeling well. Some of the people you/we love MOST are visiting us this week- your parents :)

*LoVe U*
always

Photobucket

10 comments:

Brooke Hunt (aka Mr. Burns) said...

aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! they turned out soooooo cute! you are so stinking talented! i love that we are capturing his months of chubbiness & I am impressed with your handiness in the garage... i had no idea... that is on my bucket list- working in wood & building kids furniture. LOVE IT! Thanks Margie! Brooke

Ryanne said...

You are such an amazing photographer! And I am so impressed with you making the shelf and using all those tools yourself. Way to go!

Kathy said...

I am so excited for our photo shoot in April! :) I am so impressed with your power tool capability. And, Yes, your boots are great! :)

DB said...

You are adorable! Good job on the decorative shelf! I am so impressed! It looks fantastic! And I LOVE the work boots! Thanks for the updates, girl...they're wonderful to read! :) Danielle Baratta

Seth and Julie said...

Oh yay! I am so happy to see that you are taking on photography jobs. I have always been amazed by your talent and would love to have a Margie Hess family picture on my wall. It is an amazing gift, and I am so glad to see you out there sharing it.

I am also so impressed with all your work in the garage in high heels. You amaze me, and crack me up at the same time. Thanks for the smiles today. I am glad everyone is well. Give our love to Ryan's parents. I hope you have a great visit.

Jared and Taralie said...

You are such a WOMAN!! And only you can work with power tools in high heel shoes. :) The shelf looks great!
I can't wait to see it on your wall with your canvas picture.

Katelin said...

Go you! Love the pix, the power tools, the boots, all of it!

Dad said...

U R simply awesome! That crown molding IS NOT AN EASY THING TO MAKE RIGHT.....Way to go beyond your comfort zone, D. 1-4-3

The Bloxham Bunch said...

I love it. Power tools are the best!!! I love making frames..I can never find the perfect one so I attempt to make one. Your a lady of many talents!!

Anonymous said...

[p]The Square encounter - this deal with is obviously extensive along with your encounter width and duration are virtually the identical . You'll know that watches are one of the most purchased items today . Read >



Shopping Guess Watches 茅聢楼?25 Years Old!

25th September 2009 Guess was quite possibly the brand that really made the number one wardrobe staple item - the ever faithful jeans, as popular as they are today . You only visit their site and you will get the chance to buy you a pair of free glasses . A gorgeous face always draws attention and an equally beautiful sunglass on the face enhances your personality . Of course, you may promote your old pair on-line and make use of the proceeds to procure a new one particular . Keeping [url=http://discountsunglasssaleuk.webstarts.com]cheap sunglasses uk[/url] cozy is essential . The mere thought of acquiring some [url=http://discountsunglasssaleuk.webstarts.com]sunglasses sale[/url] sort of skin cancer is enough to make me carry some excellent, strong sunscreen wherever I go.[/p][p]Womens Oakley Sunglasses would be the best sunshades that I possess ever used . Womens Oakley Sunglasses would be the best sunshades that I possess ever used . Cannot the same be said of the Oakley company that has worked so hard to produce every kind of and not limited too sunglasses that you can think . This is only because the brand is a proud manufacturer of attractive watches made of extremely good quality . At this point, it is crucial [url=http://discountsunglasssaleuk.webstarts.com]discounted sunglasses[/url] that you simply know the deal with form that you simply have . However, I ask you this: how much money are you saving if you have to replace the fakes over and over again? Why not just pay a few extra dollars for the real thing and save money in the long run? Remember, the Oakley logo is easy to copy, but the innovative design and quality workmanship are difficult to replicate . Related Articles - Oakley knockoffs, knockoff oakley sunglasses, fake oakley sunglasses, cheap oakleys, fake oakleys,





Email this Article to a Friend!

Receive Articles like this one direct to your email box!Subscribe for free today! . The femme fatales may choose this model from 3 different cool shades - Havana dark brown, Shiny Black and White.[/p]