In case you are wondering why I write this blog, go HERE

11.01.2010

Trick~OR~Treat

Wow, I made it through last week... it was a CRAZY one. I definitely function better being busy, but last week was CRAZY busy. Meaning if there was a free hour, I packed something into that hour and then ran around like a mad woman trying to get everything done. I really do prefer being busy... it feels good at the end of the day to look at everything I have accomplished for that day.
So Friday morning comes and I rush around trying to get kids dressed and ready, breakfast and lunch made, and get Spider Girl out the door and BUZZ ready for preschool.
LOVE, love these two little faces


...and I know you do too

Spider Girl waiting at the bus stop with our neighbor, the MoNsTEr BrIDe

~and~
Dracula and his little brother:

See you later, Spider Girl
*
Max's preschool class
Cuties
*
Then, it was time for Hallie's class party and boy what a treat that was...
The kids (and parents) were thoroughly entertained by THIS rockstar dad:

Taralie and I decided to keep past decades alive, she rocked a 1970's jumpsuit and me: TOTALLY 80's (I really do love the 80's, a LOT!)
*
The kids enjoyed a little Trick-or-Treating


...and I have enjoyed my fair share of chocolate and fruity candy.

I sometimes laugh at night as I'm eating candy and look over and see my growing pile of wrappers. Before, it was our pile of wrappers and usually your pile had more than mine. Oh well, someone had to regain that crown ;)

*Happy Halloween Babe*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Post Halloween pits...

Today, I got a call from Hallie's teacher.
She was having a rough day at school and just really missing you. It broke my heart to hear that and then hearing her sob on the phone hurt even more. We talked and I tried my hardest to comfort her over the phone- that helpless feeling really stinks!
Luckily, I only had an hour before I could comfort her in my arms.
She walked off the bus with the biggest smile on her face. We got home and I asked her if everything was okay. First I got a yes, and then the tears did all the talking...
She wanted her Daddy to go Trick-or-treating with her.
She misses having you come home from work to play with her.
She wants you to tuck her in every night like you once did.
She wanted you to be sitting at the table with us...

For Hallie, today was just one of those days.


Once she cheered up, I told her we should have a FUN Family Night and
do "CHEERS" for the Giants game tonight.
(CHEERS in our household means using the nice glasses to drink a little sparkling cider)

Hallie and Max were SO excited. We all LOVE doing "CHEERS!"

Instead of sparkling cider, we made up our own little bubbly concoction with Sprite, pineapple juice and DRY ICE. It was DE-LISH.

"CHEERS to the GIANTS"


The night ended on a pretty happy note. Kids got to do CHEERS, Giants won the World Series

and on a less happy note:
Hallie soaked her cast in the tub.

After an emotional afternoon, we had a fun-filled night and I know it made you happy, to see how happy we were tonight.

Cheers to you Babe, Love you

Photobucket

6 comments:

rick said...

Love those kiddies!!! Can't wait to see you!!!! 1-4-3

Jeanette said...

What a neat post. So real and true.....happy and sad! I love how you are such a great Mom....able to turn a sad moment into a great night. It's neat to see you doing so great. What an inspiration you are to me. ;)

Seth and Julie said...

They look great. I love Hallie's pink hair and glasses. I wish our school would let them dress up for Halloween.

As for Hallie's bad day, such a bummer. I think you are the BEST though. I am sure you felt like joining her in her slump, but you rose above it and helped her find something to celebrate and enjoy. Those kiddos are so lucky to have you.

Heather said...

Beautiful children and such wonderful lessons you are teaching them. PS. Wouldn't sweat the wet cast too bad.=) Bathtime can sure be torture!

DB said...

Brought tears to my eyes! Your family is so beautiful. I hope you are doing well...I think of you very often....
Danielle Baratta

Katelin said...

I had totally forgotten that you were going to do this other blog and hadn't checked it till right now! I'm so glad Julie had it on her list--I love catching up with you, and the costumes are seriously awesome! So proud of all of you for just keeping going! I know Ryan is proud of you, too!